Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM newbie needs some advice PLEASE

catboy

This topic is 6481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someobody can help me get over my first major hurdle so that I can continue getting to grips with this great looking package.

I recently aquired Filemaker 8.5 and started playing around with it mainly for fun but also to see what it can do (and becuse I like learning new things).

I bought some training guides and have been working my way through them but I have hit a wall and I know the answer must be staring at me in the face but I have spend days trying to work it out to no avail.

Basically I have 3 tables (so far). The first table is the contacts table the second table is the Products table and the third table is a quotes table.

I want to be able to have a button on the contacts page which takes you into a "new quote" page. Once you get to the new contacts page I want to use bits of information from the contacts page (name, company, etc) as well as being able to choose the product from the Products table to complete the rest of the quotes details.

I have managed the first part (buildign a button that takes you to a new quotes layout. I have also managed to get the information from the contacts table into the quotes page, but I can seem to get the information from the products table to display.

I'm very new to databases so please explain as simply as possible if you know where I am going wrong.

I have defined my relationships as I was told in my book, but thats where it starts to go wrong.

HELP?

This topic is 6481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.