Trigger script from pull-down?

eljefejb

This topic is 6421 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all -

Is it possible to trigger a script when a new value is chosen from a pull-down list? I tried making a transparent button that sits over the list box (like you do over a portal row), but then I could only click the button and had no access to the pull-down list. If I put the button only over the arrow for the pull-down, then I could pull down the list, but the button wouldn't work.

I would like to have the script triggered every time a new value is chosen from the list. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hmm... looks good, but the FM file will be living on a server and hosted by FMS. I don't think a plugin will work, because I'm sure the boss doesn't want to have to install it on every client's machine. Thanks, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I got this working... at least, on my machine, to which I have administrator rights.

It doesn't seem as if users without administrator rights can have the plug-in automagically installed for them. Is there a way around this? Seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of automatic download/install...

• 4 weeks later...

Which part? The script, or the Auto-Update for plugins? In both cases, I just followed the included documentation. The developers of the myFMButler DoScript plugin tell me that they have a newer version coming out soon, with more detailed examples of usage. As far as the Auto-Update, I consulted the FMP8 PDF guide. It's on their website. Can't remember exactly what it's called, but if you search for "Autoupdate", you should find it. Good luck!

This topic is 6421 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.