Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripting reminder for multiple dates

This topic is 6476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a table with more than 60 date fields and would like to create a script to remind of upcoming dates within certain intervals (1 week, 2 weeks, month, etc.).

Is there a plug-in that accomplishes this in such a large number of date fields?

Any ideas of how I should go about scripting for these events?

HELP!!!

Such a table is relational wrong, only 2-3 max ought to be date, you're breaking your data up in an inconvenient way, a database record should not hold ideally only hold one field where a date is stored.

Relations, which you might not know from spreadsheets, would then make current date make a key-value that brings in or usher a referenced value in to view in a viewer table. This is all done completely without plugins or scripting what so ever!

Tear apart some templates to get a hunch of where databases differs conceptually from spreadsheets....

--sd

Soren,

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well or I'm not understanding you correctly. Here's the scenario:

For each client record there are at least 60 date fields. Now, should I create a separate related table (calendar per client)to keep track of these dates? If so how would I then remind the client that one of these dates is coming up? Should I write a script or is there a plug-in to accomplish that?

Please help. Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Now, should I create a separate related table (calendar per client)to keep track of these dates?

Yes you should!!!!

By making a range reflect this relationship... there exists other options than the equal match such a less or equal, and by stacking the relations between a upper range keyfield and a lower range keyfield to the date in the other table, will a list show up with the records within the desired range.

Allthough this isn't done with dates as you wish to, is this template showing how to build ranges into a solution.

http://www.newcenturydata.com/downloads/filter.zip

--sd

This topic is 6476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.