Server Maintenance This Week. ×

again with the correct record

This topic is 8325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ugh, why doesn't this work? I followed Chuck's advice and made the script like this:

set the thatMove to cell "Episode" of layout 0 of current record of database "Library"

set the inPoint to cell "TimeIn" of layout 0 of current record of database "Timecodes"

but I still always get the first record in the database from "Timecodes"

The only thing I can think of is that it does this because the "Timecodes" DB is in list view (although the call to the script comes from a particular record) - so I've made it switch to a normal layout before launching the AppleScript. Strangely, it doesn't seem to make the switch until after the AppleScript has run. Where am I going wrong?

I had this happen recently, and I couldn't figure it out. My workaround was to first set the field I needed to a global field and then use AppleScript to reference the global field. It didn't matter which record it was using, since the global field is the same for every record. Again, I don't know why it wasn't working, but this workaround did the job.

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the current record command will work. When you return from an external script filemaker puts you on record one. You need to return filemaker back to the correct record.

We have an import picture script that looks like this: (all done from withn a filemaker calculation field in the record we want to process. Path_1 is a calculated file name). Note the image is on the clipboard at this point.

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

activate

show (first record whose cell "our_rec_id" contains our_rec_id)

do script "paste_picture1"

end tell

(paste picture1 just goes to the first image field and does a paste)

Hope this helps

Jerry

WebDudes

This topic is 8325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.