AutoUpdate plug-in can't find file that exists?

This topic is 6475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all -

I'm trying to figure out how to get client machines to automagically download plug-ins needed by a file. I've followed the FM documentation and placed my plug-ins in

/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/AutoUpdate/myFMbutler_DoScript/1.0.1.0/myFMbutler_DoScript.fmplugin.tar

and

/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/AutoUpdate/myFMbutler_DoScript/1.0.1.0/myFMbutler_DoScript.fmx

The group is "fmsadmin" for everything under the AutoUpdate folder, and the permissions for everything are g+rwx.

I created a table with some global variables, as described in the FM documentation, and a little script that checks for the AutoUpdate plug-in and the remote (server) version number of the plug-in. These both work correctly. The local version of the plug-in, being non-existent (hasn't been downloaded yet) will not match the remote version number, so the script then calls FMSAUC_UpdatePlugin("myFMbutler_DoScript 1.0.1.0") and stores the return value in another global field.

I always get "5" for that return value, which, according to the FM documentation, means that "The download file can’t be found in the AutoUpdate folder on the FileMaker Server computer".

The file is in the above specified location, with the correct group and permission settings, and AutoUpdate is enabled in FMS Admin. Any ideas why I keep getting this error code?

Thanks!

Okay, I figured out where this was going wrong... at least, I think I did.

I had made a .tar of the .fmplugin file using "Compress", and I don't think the format was quite right. When I used the "tar" command-line utility to create a new .tar file, I stopped receiving the "5" error code and was able to correctly download the plugin.

This topic is 6475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.