Store Webviewer Image in Database

Stuart Taylor

This topic is 6411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

[color:red]Updated see below

Hello,

I have been doing my best to find some way of getting a jpeg into the web viewer from a field ...and I've done it HURRAY!!! ... imagine the smile on my face :( : :

Here is an example of how to get an image from a text field.

There are 5 examples

1. Webviewer only image (no fields or external URLs)

2. HTML including Image from a text field

3. HTML and Image Separated

4. How to convert images to text ... Externally

5. How to convert iamges to text ... Internally (Need help with this)

Ok so its not how i expected it to be when i started but with this file and a little help from my friend here at FMFORUM im sure we can pull it off and go the final distance to make it easy to deploy...

Solution: Convert the JPEG source into base64

Final Step: Find a way to import the data straight from the Jpeg image so the user does not have to do anything too unusual.

The file contains 5 examples and one solution for converting the raw source into base64 using a plugin from Troy which im having a bit of trouble with it. Although you do not need a plugin to get it to work as there are other converters out there... see web link below...

Please contribute to this to help finish the final step (import source from jpeg direct) if you can...

Support for the file that you may find helpful:

This site will convert any!!! file to base64 so you are not limited to jpegs http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp

Troy base64 Encoder: http://www.troi.com/software/encryptordownload.html (NEED HELP WITH THIS BIT)

I am on a G4 mac so have tried to put support in for PC but cannot test... please tell me if you have problems.

hope this helps,

best,

Stuart

JpegFromTextField.fp7.zip

Store_Webviewer_Image_In_Database.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I have an applescript I've been using to base 64 encode images in the files system. Here is an excerpt so you get the idea...

set p to quoted form of (POSIX path of thisPath)

set theResult to do shell script "openssl base64 -in " & p

So if someone could figure out how to execute that unix command against an image in FMP, then you could do this all w/out a third party plugin or a trip to a web site.

This topic is 6411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.