repost scripting export from FMPro

This topic is 8483 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It looks like you've set up your script to return a list of records to whatever called the script in the first place, rather than telling Filemaker to just find the records. If there a lot of records in the found set, that would explain the out of memory problem.

I think what you really want to do is this:

code:

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

delete every request

create request

set cell "DiscoveryId" of request 1 to "JEFF FOOTT.00001"

find

end tell

or:

code:

-- find all records

show every record of database 1

-- find a group of records

show (every record of database 1 whose cell "DiscoveryId" contains "JEFF FOOTT.00001")

end tell

Now, for the big question. Do you really need to use all this Applescript? Why not just make regular Filemaker scripts to do the finding and exporting?

If you are initiating this from another application, just use the 'Do Script' event and put all of your finds and exports into a regular Filemaker script.

I am creating a script that will select a series of records based on one field, and export selected fields to one text file (delimited) and all fields to another text file...I am just starting with it and am using the "get" method, and am getting memory errors (108), and cannot figure out why...any help???

every cell of current record

end tell

also...

cell "Description" as text

every record whose cell "DiscoveryId" = "JEFF FOOTT.00001"

Well, I want to use AppleScipt for two reasons...first, the find "function" requires a continue once it has returned the results. Secondly, I am wanting to export two different flat files for each search result...one with fewer records than the other and a sub search of that one...i ended up figuring it out, and have included the code below, if anyone could use it...I think that it came out very well...opinions???

set CDID_Box to display dialog "Please enter the desired CD to export:" default answer ""

set CDID to text returned of CDID_Box

show (records where cell "CD ROM Number" contains CDID)

set number_of_matches to count records

set target_file_name to

Regarding the 'continue' after the find, I assume you mean the script pauses when you use the 'find' step in a filemaker script. This is a default option which can be turned off. Just uncheck the pause option that appears at the bottom of the scriptmaker window when you add the find command.

This post is for Bob Weaver. How did you get your applescript examples to display so perfectly (with all the indents and such)? I have posted applescript examples to this forum by just typing them in. When they display, all the indents are gone. Yours looked very cool!

This topic is 8483 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.