Locking A Field

This topic is 6512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks for the help. The lock calculation work great on several of the fields I needed to have locked. However, I also have a set of repeating fields that won't take the calculation. Is there a calculation that will allow me to lock repeating fields? What I've done is set up a form that will allow a person to enter data into two fields. The first field contains a date and the second field is setup for project notes. I used repeating fields to allow the user to be able to add notes on a daily basis. I would also like to be able to lock the previous notes so the person is forced to created a new one rather than go back and alter an old one.

"but it didn't add the functionality I needed"

It seems to me your initial request indicates that you DO need this functionality. A separate notes table is more efficient, especially in light of the fact that you want the notes locked up after entry. You can easily set your user interface so that your users only have to type in an empty line on screen to add the new note. A read-only portal would give them the ability to view the history...

As - Tsquare mentions, line items DO provide exactly what you asked for and what you can't get with repeats.

You can't individually delete repeats. You can't sort them. You cannot report on them. For instance, look at all the project line items tied to a specific resource or assigned person across multiple projects. How many hours is Sam committed to this month? Oops, can't figure that out with repeats.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.