iOpen File Script Step with Password

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have about a dozen FIleMaker databases that contain consumer requests. Once a day I go into to each and run a script that sends an email to the new entries (e.g., using SMTPit). This is very time consuming so my plan was to create a FM file that is opened once a day by Windows Server that when opened would open each of these dozen files and run the appropriate email script. The challenge is that these dozen files are all password-protected and I don't want to be promped for the password each time this master script runs.

So two questions:

1. Is there a way to pass a user name and password to the Open File script step and/or

2. Am I going about this in entirely the wrong way and missing some other best practice for this kind of problem?

Many thanks!

Is there a way to pass a user name and password to the Open File script step and/or

If all of your files are referenced by the first file you open AND they all have the same user name and password, then entering the user name and password in the first will allow you to open the rest without being prompted for a password.

I have about a dozen FIleMaker databases that contain consumer requests....Am I going about this in entirely the wrong way and missing some other best practice for this kind of problem?

Why do you have more than 1 file containing consumer requests? It seems to me that a single file would be the way to do this.

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.