Conditional multi value lists

lownoma925

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

After quite a bit of searching and all, what I'm trying to accomplish is for an auto body repair shop, but I need to allow for selection of the year (which is in the vehicles table and a field called years with two digit values separated by a space ie: '00 01 02' but I need to be able to select a year for instance, 00, then it'll allow me to select a make, so all the makes (makes field within the same table) availible under year 00 will show. Then, the same with models (models are under models field under vehicles table). Is there a way to do this?

login.zip

Edited by Guest

After quite a bit of searching and all, what I'm trying to accomplish is for an auto body repair shop, but I need to allow for selection of the year (which is in the vehicles table and a field called years with two digit values separated by a space ie: '00 01 02' but I need to be able to select a year for instance, 00, then it'll allow me to select a make, so all the makes (makes field within the same table) availible under year 00 will show. Then, the same with models (models are under models field under vehicles table). Is there a way to do this?

Once you have the table made for you invoice, job order, (whatever you are going to call it), you will form a relationship from that Table Occurence to vehicle Table Occurence.

You almost have the vehicle table done, except you will need a separate record for each combination. You can't put more than one year in the year field.

Audi

TT

Audi

TT

and so on.

Then when you make the relationship between these TO's, you will be able to use a conditional value list to get what you want.

I just went through this myslef.

Dave

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.