Newbie Silly Question

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, A real Newbie here. Hope you can help me.

I have created a database which consists of names, dates, text boxes etc etc etc. What I would like to do is to create a query which would, for example, sort through the thousands of entries that I have and say list all the males who were 18 in 1986 (did that make sense?), then I would like that info displayed on the screen.

Is it possible for me to create a script using a button to do this so the user can just press it and get the info?

Am I able to do this, and if so, could someone kindly help me here.

I do hope you can help.

Mark

You can do something like this just by using the build-in Find operations. This can be scripted (and attached to a button) by doing something like:

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [ Gender ; "Male" ]

Set Field [ Date of Birth ; "<=" & date(month(get(currentdate)); day(get(currentdate)); year(get(currentdate))-38) ]

Perform Find []

Note that finding out who was 18 in 1986 is the same as finding who is (or would have been, for those since deceased) 38 this year.

Your requirement:

list all the males who were 18 in 1986

could be interpreted in a number of ways. I chose to interpret it to mean "18 or older as of this day in 1986". If you wanted to find those that had an 18th birthday sometime during the year or who were 18 at any time during the year, these are a little different, each requiring a range in the date part of that criteria.

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.