Batch file for saving via ftp

This topic is 6523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right area or forum. I have a program that, upon opening, should run a batch file that connects to a server and downloads a new file via FTP.

The FTP batch file works beautifully on its own, opening in a dos window, verifying, and then downloading.

But when I run the batch file from Filemaker (v7),it tries to connect to the server through a Windows-type window, an hence stops working.

The batch file is

@echo on

cls

Title "Getting News Items"

ftp -s:get.txt

quit

which then calls upon the get file, which is

binary

prompt n

mget *.mer

quit

As I say, it works a treat on its own, but I cant get it to go from Filemaker..

Any help would be appreciated

Dave :)

Ahhh :)

For the get.txt you have to put the full filepath in. When executing manually, it executes relative to the files location, when executing from FM, don't really know where thats at, but point is, just put the whole filepath in.

Oooops - forget the entire post! I fixed it!

Just as a word of warning to others, it was a similar problem to another post I read - that is I had specified a relative path.

I had one file which called another file - both files were in the location c:/VR_Software/Updates. So, when I ran the file manually it went to the other file in the same directory (C:/VR_Software/Updates).

Bu when I ran the first file from Filemaker, it tried to call the second file from the location that the Filemaker program was saved to C:/Filemaker_Source_Files, and obviously, it wasn't there!

Cheers,

Dave :)

This topic is 6523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.