Another summary field issue

This topic is 6502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a report that is run on a database called "events" which has a relationship with another database called "acts" via the actID.

In the events database I am running a report to show total income for events by Act and one of the fields shown for each returned act is Target Gigs which is stored on the Act record in the Act DB.

It is showing fine in the main part of the report but I have a summary at the bottom that I want to display the totals for the returned records and it is calculating fine for every column except Target Gigs which is showing the total of all target gigs for all acts, not just those returned by the find request.

• 3 weeks later...

Is Target_gigs a summary field, or a calculated field using an aggregate function (like Count or Sum)? If it's a calculation of an aggregate function, the current found set will have no effect on its value. If it's a summary field, it will display the value corresponding to the found set of records summarized in the report.

If your report has subsummary parts, make sure your records are sorted by the field that subsummary is based on.

Target Gigs is a number field on a layout in the ACT database.

I run the report on the events database that aims to show the target gigs for the month (which is hard coded in the act database for each act) against the actual events that month for each act, which is a count field in the events database.

In the sub summary I am just using the target gigs field and this is showing fine for each act, but the field in the Trailing Grand Summary field is a summary field that is a count of targetgigs

This topic is 6502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.