Tansfer Data from record to record

This topic is 6505 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is what I want to do. I have a record (item Number) with a protal (populated with Work Instruction lines that pertain to only the one Item). I have a job number record that I want to have the employee enter that will reference the item number. I would like the items that are in this Item Number Record to be copied to the Job Record (Any further changes to either record should not effect the other once the copy has happened). Script maybe??

Thanks James

• 2 weeks later...

I think a little more detail is needed. You have some record that has an Item Number--is this an Item? Later you say that a person enters a job number--is this supposed to be the Item Number mentioned above? And if someone enters the Item Number, why is there more than one item in this Item Number? An Item record should contain info about a single item.

You mention a Work Instructions portal, but it doesn't sound like this has any pertinence here.

Taking a stab, I imagine you're working on some sort of job tracking db, and that you have Jobs that have Instructions and require certain tools, parts, or resources. Perhaps you're trying to set up a system where if a certain type of job is requested, then certain tools/parts/resources get assigned to this job.

Am I on the right track?

Send us a picture of your Relationship graph, and what it is you're trying to do...

David

This topic is 6505 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.