creating a range find

monster bob

This topic is 6437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks for the information I found the site: http://www.clicaps.ethz.ch/fmi/xsl/search_advanced_en.xsl to be useful.

It turns out they are using two fields such as "date" and "date_2". I'm guessing "date_2" is a calculation equal to "date". They are doing range searches by doing an "and" find on two separate fields.

Alternatively I discovered that displaying the "date" field twice using a self-join works just as well and eliminates the need for creating extra fields and calculations.

Thanks for the information I found the site: http://www.clicaps.ethz.ch/fmi/xsl/search_advanced_en.xsl to be useful.

It turns out they are using two fields such as "date" and "date_2". I'm guessing "date_2" is a calculation equal to "date". They are doing range searches by doing an "and" find on two separate fields.

No, "they" :laugh: don't use two fields date and date_2. Or I misunderstood you and you mean something else.

This is a general form where fields, operators, and values (up to three) can be mixed in any order (some JavaScript is used to dynamically change the input options, e.g. if ISBN is needed, the form is reduced to one field only, because ISBN is unique and no other criteria are needed). All the data (field names, operators and field values) are submitted to a database without any search, but stored. Then in a subsequent stylesheet, these intermediate values are taken and the final query is constructed.

As said, if you seek a solution for a simple form, read the hint a gave in the cited post (either with field.op=bw and startdate...enddate or with field.op=bw and > and < added to the data).

This topic is 6437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.