Advantages of Filemaker Pro Advanced?

This topic is 6416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have used fm 5.5, 7, & now 8.

I also have some programming experience.

After reviewing the filemaker website descriptions of the Advanced version, it looks like it has some tools that could make a significant difference for me.

Any thoughts from current users of the Advanced version? How useful have the additional features been?

Bill

Well, the ability to create and edit custom functions is one obvious advantage. I have several custom functions that I use for various purposes.

There's also custom menu editing, a feature I haven't had time to get into yet. Then there's the Database Design Report, which is handy for figuring out what links to what.

But a feature that I use all the time is the Script Debugger. I can't imagine developing without it.

Thanks for the input, Ender.

The Script Debugger would definitely be one the advantages for me also. I have missed not having it, after using it on the other programming platforms I have used.

Here is a quote from the fm website:

Doing things over and over — is over!

You can reuse existing work to make updates painless. Simply copy and paste fields, tables, scripts, and script steps within or across tables. You can also import multiple tables at once to save time, or if you just want to reuse the database schema without importing data, you can do that, too.

Have you used any of these additional features?

Edited by Guest

Oh yes, how could I forget? I just get so used to having them around...

Yes the ability to copy & paste script steps, fields, and tables is something that comes in handy, and that Data Viewer is great for debugging complex scripts.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.