anyone else having slow screen redraws in 8.5

This topic is 6223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have found the same to be true. I often using a looping script to shrink my window and grow it, as a transition. Since moving to 8.5 it has become unbearably slow. I talked to FileMaker representaives about this issue and they say they changed the way window management works and are aware of the issue. Maybe we'll get a fix in an upcoming Updater?!?

• 1 month later...

Another thing that happens to me, in the Relationship Graph, I use the post-it's as header to my TOGS (rather than spacer tables).

Every once in a while, all the text in every post-it disappears! If I d-click on the note, I see the text. Quit FM and restart and they're back. Thank God.

Anyone have that happen? Can you imagine the Relationship graph losing all its text (but it's only the notes...so far)? Yikes!

• 4 months later...

I was having this issue too. I had two related tables, NOT in the same file, let's call them file A and B. If I had a layout open in File B in the backgroud with related fields in File A, then when I would try to view a list in file A it would draw really slow. So on a hunch I set File B to a blank layout everytime I switched to File A and now it works fine, but what a pain.

This topic is 6223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.