101 error - record is missing

This topic is 6340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a set of customized files created with the developer utilities. Virtually all of the menu functions are turned off so I'mm unable to do much diagnostic work in the custom files.

I've been getting a 101 error - record is missing - in the custom files. When I use the original files to try to diagnose the problem, I'm unable to reproduce the problem, so can not isolate the exact location of the problem.

What causes this problem? What might a script be trying to do and what are the conditions for in the table when this occurs? That might help me figure out where and how the error is occurring.

TIA

I am the original developer!

Because the menus are all disabled in the customized datafiles, I can't debug and see what's going on. When I try to reproduce the problem in the source files, I can't.

If I knew what conditions result in a 101 error, I might be able to develop a theory or two.

This is from Knowledge Base (vs. 7);)

The Go to Related Record script step does not update the related table's found set if there are no related records in the found set. To work around this limitation, you can use error capture in scripts to check for error code 101 (Record Missing) to stop or branch your script.

It indicates it has been corrected in 7.0v2 but it might be related nonetheless. You can also receive this error if a plugin is missing.

This topic is 6340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.