FM server 8 says 0 connections permitted

GC GYM

This topic is 6354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I bought a copy of FM Server 8 from eBay and the serial number worked and the setup etc. but it says that the maximum number of connections is 0 so even though it works it doesn't seem to want to serve to any clients?

Am I a sucker?

Check the Configuration->Clients tab. In there you should be able to increase the number of allowed connections up to 250.

If maximum for your license is less than that, you may have a Development license of Server, which is meant only as a tool in development allowing only 3 connections.

You are probably the victim of fraud. About 90% of the software sold on these auction sites is bogus. See:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/legal/notice/software_piracy

See if you can adjust that 0 figure, but I suspect you cannot do so. The fact that the install CD is not cross-platform is another good indication that this is not a legitimate copy.

Steven

As Steven stated, your software is probably pirated.

I had a client have the same thing happen to them. Another thing to be leary of is the second hand copies. Most have been used in upgrades, and this is a violation of the license agreement, as only FileMaker can transfer the ownership of their Software.

Report the seller to ebay, and Paypal (if that was te methed of payment), they will start an investigation, ban the seller if they find that they are doing this. Also, if you use PayPal, they sometimes can get some of your money back.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.