Server Maintenance This Week. ×

adding a popup calendar

The Big Bear

This topic is 6343 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

Is there a way to attach a calendar to a date field and have the calendar popup when the user enter the date field and the user then can pick the date from the calendar. Can this be done by Filemaker or is there a add-on that can do this.

Thanks for all the help in the pass and in the future.

Lionel

Hi Lionel,

In version 6 your best bet is a plug-in. There is no native support for a popup calendar feature.

If this function is very important, I suggest an upgrade to version 8.5. There are some changes of note in upgrading, but this feature is just as Phil has described. Until Dec 20, 2006 there is an upgrade path to 8.5, after that you would have to pay full price.

HTH,

Tim

Big Bear:

If I remember right, there was a small calendar file (an .fp5 file) that was available out there which you could use for this. You could script a button (like the native one in FileMaker 8) which would trigger this small calendar window to open. You selected a date in the calendar and it would close the window and enter the date in your date field. You had to script the connection, but otherwise it was all prepped for you.

Maybe another old hand will chime in. Was it a ccCalendar thing? Did someone else develop it? I can't recall, and don't see it on my current hard drive.

Regardless, you can roll your own if you want.

-Stanley

This topic is 6343 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.