Need To Create Checkbox To Cause Field To Print

scchang

This topic is 6320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Try something like this (attached). Notice that the word VOID is just another copy of your checkbox field (except it's set as Edit Box and the number format has been changed to boolean). It stops field-waste in your Field Definitions (one less calc field). There is a custom value list with only a value of 1 and the checkbox field should be number. It doesn't HAVE to be (for the boolean to work) but it must be for the number format to be applied).

Merge field would work as well... in fact better because you wouldn't have to bother turning off entry into field. I modified the demo to show both. Ahhhh - the power of boolean and merge fields.

void.zip

Edited by Guest

Cool. Then instead of having the larger "Void" print in response to the check, I would have this imported image print. If you wouldn't mind holding my hand a bit more...how would I manage this feat?

I don't like explaining something I've never done. But you can keep the graphic in a container in your Preference file and load a global container (using Set Field) at startup. Just use Insert Picture in the container while in Browse. Then place your fields over/under this global container (turn off field entry to the container).

Others can probably go into more detail, if they wish; I don't manipulate graphics very much.

This topic is 6320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.