Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal Row Loop

lisalem

This topic is 8406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm using an If/Else statement to evaluate 3 parameters in a portal loop, then print the appropriate form. After checking the first row of the portal and performing correctly the script goes to the next record. I'm not sure how to keep the script from getting lost after leaving the portal row to print. I'm using a set field to set a global portal row counter to 0 before the loop begins, then the if/else statements, then using two more set fields. The first is status(currentportalrow), the second adds 1, then go to portal row by field value, which is the global row counter. The go to next record command is the last step before the end of the loop.

Any suggestions

quote:

Originally posted by Unicorn:

I'm using an If/Else statement to evaluate 3 parameters in a portal loop, then print the appropriate form. After checking the first row of the portal and performing correctly the script goes to the next record. I'm not sure how to keep the script from getting lost after leaving the portal row to print. I'm using a set field to set a global portal row counter to 0 before the loop begins, then the if/else statements, then using two more set fields. The first is status(currentportalrow), the second adds 1, then go to portal row by field value, which is the global row counter. The go to next record command is the last step before the end of the loop.

Any suggestions

Loop back through the portal until you get back to where you left off. Unfortunately Filemaker does not allow the goto portal row command to be fed a calculation or field.

This topic is 8406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.