A difference dynamic view of a portal

hung pham

This topic is 8393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have two files A abd B and they related by key called CWC Number.

In one layout of A that have portal that show all record of B that has matched CWC.

Example:

You are looking at portal:

Org Code Est 1 Est 2

AD10 1 3

FD10 2.4 5.0

AD10 3 4

In the SAME layout, how can I display the above portal that look like this

Org Code Est1 Est 2

AD10 4 7

FD10 2.4 5.0

As you see it does not show the duplicated Org Code, but it show the total. In this case its show AD10 one time and its total. Assume I cannot make any change in the this view. View only.

Let say I add another AD10 and some estimate, after I exit record, then this view shoulb be updated/refresh by the changed at once.

I can do self join to get the total base on Org Code but how can I do for NOT showing the duplicated Org Code.

Thankyou in advance

[email protected]

quote:

Originally posted by hung pham:

Hi,

I have two files A abd B and they related by key called CWC Number.

In one layout of A that have portal that show all record of B that has matched CWC.

Example:

You are looking at portal:

Org Code Est 1 Est 2

AD10 1 3

FD10 2.4 5.0

AD10 3 4

In the SAME layout, how can I display the above portal that look like this

Org Code Est1 Est 2

AD10 4 7

FD10 2.4 5.0

I can do self join to get the total base on Org Code but how can I do for NOT showing the duplicated Org Code.

I can see what you are trying to accomplish here. The thing to remember is that portals display RECORDS. So you need to find some way to restrict the number of records displayed, so that only 1 occurance of each Org_Code is a valid record in the relationship.

I would suggest a calculation that checks to see if the given record is the first one and flags it as the "summary" record:

Assuming as self-relationship in the B file ( Org_Code::Org_Code ) and a unique record ID for each record, create the following calculation:

cSummaryRecord = If ( Self By Org_Code::RecordID = RecordID, Org_Code, "" )

The use this as the key in the second portal on your main layout. This should only show 1 record for each Org_Code, regardless of the actual number of records. You can then use the various Sum() and Count() type functions to get your sub-totals for each Org_Code

This topic is 8393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.