Dynamic Data Holders

itsisnofun

This topic is 6325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hope maybe someone might have some insight on a problem I am trying to work out. May not get all info here but will try.

I have a table that I want it to hold some tax and fee table records for different states. and in that table I have a text field that I coded the formula that would calculate the tax and or fees for a selected date and date range.

What I would like to happen is bring that data back in to another table but only for a temporary holding then write it back out to a different table.

the problem is I don't won't to limit the number of records in the first table that I can pull back to the temporary holding fields because there are not enough from original design.

May not make sense will await questons then I can explain more deatail.

Mike

the problem is I don't won't to limit the number of records in the first table that I can pull back to the temporary holding fields because there are not enough from original design.

Mike

I don't understand that bit. The rest seems fairly straightforward

Phil

Phil

In Table one I would have records that relate to a state by name and a date range. For one state there could be five records and another two records. So I could create five fields and bring that back to holding and then write them out when the users accepted or made changes. We do insurance so taxes and fees change from year to year and some times month to month. If I came back in two months and needed to add a six record to the table one so that one state with five now has six. But I have no place to bring it back to without adding a new field to make six. trying to figure out how to do it with portals so it would not matter how many records came back for one state from table one.

user has to be able to change the evaluted expression from table one while in the temp holding area. ther we could commit to table design to hold that data.

Mike

This topic is 6325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.