Question re: Copy/Import Database Schema

Baylah

This topic is 6320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

While I was looking for something else I stumbled across a feature I did not know existed and I want to verify that I am reading this right. If I am...I will be so happy.

In the Copy DataBase Schema in FMP 8 Advanced it says that I can copy/import an entire table into a new database. OK, that seems pretty straight forward...Does that mean that I can take a DB that was developed in FM6 that was 9 individual tables and turn it into 1 file?

If the answer is "yes" that is a big hooray...But would the scripts that call and move across/through (what were) external tables still work if everything is now inside one "master" file?

Furthermore, and what prompted all of this....This client is taking their securities and priviledges to a different level. Because of that, and since this was created in FMP 6 I have to mirror all of the priviledges across all of the different DB's. If I can combine all of the DB's into 1 file will one set of securites then control all?

Additionally, will I then have to import record information into the new file one table at a time?

I know I should probably know these things but I am self taught and have never had a guru to mentor me. when I think of all of time I could have saved if I did it is is staggering.

Anyway...any help or advice is appreciated.

Steve

This topic is 6320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.