Locked out of full access, too...

This topic is 6309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We're trying to figure out how to gain access to a database created for a non-profit and we have built it on our laptop, but need to also use it on the desktop machine once a month. Like another user here, I cannot seem to access full privileges on the desktop machine, even when I log in as Admin using the option key (Mac OS 10.3.9 using FM 8.5 Advanced). No passwords have been created and certainly none is desired on this machine.

All fields allowing me to make any modification are grayed out.

We have used FM a long time for small membership databases, but just upgraded to 8.5 so we could help this non-profit out, whose old (10+ years) FM database had become corrupted.

Any help is most appreciated!

Lee, Thanks for the reply, but we tried that!

We used the option key and "Admin" as user name without a password, but when I do so, I still can't access anything!

That's what is so odd! My spouse has been using databases far longer than me, and he can't figure it out either!

That's why I posted here: I need to know what to do now that that plan isn't working.

Thanks for trying to help!

Lets clarify.

This is the same file that will open on one computer, but not on the other. Right.

Lee

p.s.

I mean the same copy, not a different copy.

Edited by Guest

The last time I had that happen to me, the disk was fragmented. But, since the same file is acting the same way on two machines, it sounds more like corruption to me.

Lee

p.s.

Why not post a copy of your file and we can see how it acts on other machine / operating systems.

Edited by Guest
p.s.

My theory -- somebody DID create an account/password, and that account/password is now stored in the Keychain on mac #1, but is not on mac #2. When you open the file on mac #1, the user/password is auto-entered, whereas on #2 it is not.

Go to mac #1, open Keychain Access, and find the account name & password.

This topic is 6309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.