Server Maintenance This Week. ×

layout to html?

DAVE/

This topic is 6280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello - I s there a plug-in or any way to automate the publication of web pages using filemaker?I would like to be able to export my records and their layouts as HTML pages. Is this any way possible.

Thanks Very much in advance

Dave

I am not sure about this - but maybe someone with more experience would be able to verify this. I believe there is a tool that comes with FMP Server that allows you to create web pages for Custom Web Publishing... I am not sure of the exact format it uses but it might be a place to start...

Thanks for the suggestions but I am looking for some way to turn a filemaker layout by each record into an actual HTML page so it can have a url. I wondered if there is a plug in to do this. Mail-it does this for emails. I am wondering if there is something to do it with for HTML documents.

Thanks

Dave

I would start by making a template web page (using sample data) that looks like I want it to look. Filemaker will not be very helpful in this: although you could activate CWP and copy some of the code from there, I doubt that would be easier than just re-designing the page from scratch.

Ideally, the template would have a lean HTML document with just the data and a separate CSS sheet - so that any format changes can be handled globally.

The next step would be turning the HTML template into a XSL stylesheet. This can be rather daunting at first, but you can use the simple example that came with Filemaker as a guide.

Finally, you will need a script that loops between records and exports each as a separate page (using the XSL stylesheet to transform XML into HTML).

This topic is 6280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.