Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Troi File Plug in Help!!

This topic is 6279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have run into a problem developing a solution and i ve kind of hit a brick wall but before i tell you more about my wall let me first say that the Troi File Plugin is truely an amazing product.

My Problem:

I have created scripts to copy and move image files to a folder on the database drive and I have gotten it to create thumbnails to populate those containers. However, I have found that i need to write the file extension in the save dialog otherwise it wont fill the container. Is there a way for it to read the File extension and append it in the save dialog when i copy the file to my database drive. I have pasted the script steps i have used mb you can see where i made the mistake.

Secondly I was wondering how you would recommend scripting a duplicate record for a record containing a file in a container field especially if it is a thumbnail and not the actual file. I am really stumped on this one. I would assume the script would involve the following steps

1. Get file path and set a global field

2. Set the destination path

3. Copy the file & rename ( not sure how to script this one)

4. duplicate record

5. create thumbnail & insert in Container field

I would prefer to have the destination path the same as the location its copying from but just append the new name and extension on it that way the user doenst see it happening it just duplicates. I am sure you have been asked this before but I really am stumped and i would like to use this plug in instead of having a super slow database.

Script for 1st question

script1.jpg

copy_the_file.jpg

This topic is 6279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.