Server Maintenance This Week. ×

showing specific values in Report/Column

This topic is 6273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, have a little problem and can't seem to find the answer. I have three different project report's (column).

1- Enquiry

2- PI

3- Order

Each report shows different fields but the most important and repeating field is the Status field (E, PI or O) As soon as I go to layout Enquiry Report I would like Filemaker to only show only the E values in the Status field, without having go through a search mode or button.

How can I do this?

Dutchy

Well, I am not sure why you are against scripting this, as you can just add it to your navigational scripts but here is something that you could do.

If you have a global field that stores "E" and then you create a relationship keyed from this global field to the status field in a Table occurence of the other table, it can be done. Your layout Enquiry Report would have to reflect this table occurence. IOW, in the layout setup, you have to make it so that it shows records from the table occurence. Then when you go to that layout, it should only display those records with "E" in the status field for your report.

Dutchy,

My apologies, I did not write in my previous post the script step of using Go to Related Record [showing; Only Related Records; from table:"child" using layout: "childTO" (child)].

This topic is 6273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.