Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Drop down list with date

malagasy

This topic is 6266 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a drop down list in my invoice section that allows me to select the day the service will be provided. The drop down list takes the data from a field called Date and i would like the drop down list to only show the dates that has yet to come.

For example, I have 52 entries in this date field which are the 52 saturdays of the year. we are 23rd feb so i would like the drop down list to show only the saturdays to be coming and not the ones that already happened...

Is there a way of doing this ? I'm quite unexperienced so i would appreciate an English version of the things to do ! :-)

Regards.

i am not experienced enough to tell you what to do but you may be interested in this thread. it may point you in the right direction.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/179235/

I like your solution Genx but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for a portal.

Sorry, I should have been more precised ! Indeed, my services are given over 5 or 10 saturdays in a row.

1 / In the drop list that will be in the portal, I only want the upcoming saturdays.

2/ Also, is there a way so the portal automatically enter the 4 or 9 other saturdays by itself in the portal ?

Cheers.

What exactly is the issue. the drop down list displays what you asked for. It displays 52 saturday dates.

I still dont understand. The drop down only displays the saturdays that begin with this coming saturday Mar 03, 3007. There is no past saturdays...

of course it displays the upcoming saturdays but it won't be the case in the weeks coming.

I should have been clearer, sorry, i'm trying to have something dynamic.

ie: let's say we are 26th march, i don't want the previous weeks to appear...son on and so forth.

Thanks for your help John and the others

This sunday (mar 4th), the drop down list will change so that it will only show values starting from Mar 10th, 17th, 24th, etc.

This topic is 6266 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.