Tabbing problem

Cin

This topic is 6264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For some reason I am having a tab order problem on my layout.

Scenario: I added a field to the layout and it automatically put in a tab #. I had complaints from staff as this was a field out of the normal view for admin use only. I deleted the tab # and then reorganized the order. This messed up the way it was ordered. I've looked at a backup copy and reset up the tab order the way it was but it still isn't working like it was.

I have tabs 1-4 in fields from the current table on the layout. The next tabs are in the portal. The backup copy skips 5 and then goes to 6 7 8 9 skips 10 then 11 and 12. When I set the same numbers when I click ok it changes them to be in numerical order. (5,6,7,8.9.10)

What used to happen is when tabbing from 4 it would go to the first field in the portal which is set up as a button that runs a script to set a field and then go to another field. Then I'd hit the tab key and it would go to 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12.

Now it skips the first field and goes right to 6 etc... (or on mine #5). This makes sense logically but why does it work the other way on the original? None of the scripts have been changed.

Also, the field that is selected in the script has a drop down and when you select something it goes right back up to tab#1 and I don't know why. If I make field 1 in the portal tab #5 and I select something from the drop down list it still goes to tab#1 instead of tab#6. Can anyone help? It's driving me bonkers as well as the users of this program!!

Thanks in advance.

Cin

I should have clarified better. Its tab order from the set tab order in the layout. This is so when I hit the tab button on the keyboard it goes to the next field I have in the tab order..or is supposed to. :

I need to update my profile. I am now using Filemaker 8 advanced.

Cin (as in Cindy) :

You need to enter the number in the fields that you want the Tab to move to.

I would just start by clearing all of the tabs (it's and option), and then work my way around the layout to the fields you want the user to tab to.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.