Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Current Record

fmsavey

This topic is 6266 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout that diplays records in a list. The "small" black bar to the left of the record is the only thing that tells me that it is the current record. I'd like to, via a calculation, be able to change the color or bold the text of fields on the layout for the current record to make it a lot more obvious which is the current record. Can anyone help me with this?

It's not a plug in. You are free to use the application and copy it directly into you application. It just shows you the technique you need to use to accomplish the task. Open it up and look at how Ray Cologon has accomplished what you want to do and then apply it to your application.

You can also get a tutorial from ISO magazine. There are many developers, not only on this forum, who are willing to share their techniques with the FM community. They are a great bunch of people and you can really get some neat stuff that would take you years, as a beginner, to figure out if you ever could. That's not directed at you, it's something I know as a relatively new FM user that has picked up some great stuff that I, personally, would never have figured out without someone showing me the way.

I saw this at the url you gave and assumed it required a plug-in.

"This demonstration file automatically declares identity of the current record in list view as a variable. This in turn provides source data for a calculation which highlights the current record. To ensure that the screen display will keeep up with changes in the underlying logic, the solution uses the zippScript plug-in to trigger a script which refresh the screen."

Hmmm. I guess I never noticed that cause I have had ZippScript since the day I got FM. It is a very reliable plug-in that, to my knowledge, doesn't get upgraded every few months.

Well can't help you there. Perhaps, if you do some more searching you MAY find something that fits your needs. I'm reasonably sure ISO magazine (Matt Petrowsky) uses zippscript for many of his techniques as well, but, take a look at his site and you may find a technique that fits your needs. Also look at Kevin Franks and Brian Dunnings sites.

This topic is 6266 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.