Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New record not displaying some info...

This topic is 8652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a web form which, when completed and submitted (-new), loads another html page which confirms the record was created successfully and displays the contents of the new record to review and edit in case of data entry error. My problem is that the field where the ID number for the record, which is generated via a script, is blank. Currently my two work arounds are: a) immediately click on the "Update" (-edit) button, which saves and re-loads the same record, and ??? take out the display of the record and provide a link (ie. click [HERE] to review the record) in the confirmation message. A similar problem occurs in the fields where I am showing information from a related record. Is there a way of immediately displaying this information without having to do the above work arounds?

Please post any suggestions, or if I was unclear in my post, any clarifying questions.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by chandra (edited August 31, 2000).]

The script must be running last, after web companion has returned the results. Two sugegstions: try the other -script ccdml tags _prefind and presort) and see if that helps; or try to do without the script and use a calculatiion field instead. Much easier and faster, and the web server is held up each time the script runs.

This is a just an addendum note to say that the problem with the ID field not showing has been fixed using a <meta> refresh. However, the related field, info still doesn't pop up until I click on the "Update" (-edit) button. crazy.gif

I tried changing my -script to -script.prefind and -script.presort and for some reason or other, it seemed not to run at all (the script itself is only one line, SetField) as my ID came out completely blank. frown.gif

[This message has been edited by chandra (edited September 01, 2000).]

This topic is 8652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.