Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dynamic Value Lists

This topic is 8634 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Andy-

From my experience, I've found that value lists are generatd in the web page only when the page loads (that is the only time when FM sends data to the browser). So if you are using dynamic value lists within FM the relationship is updated immediately in the database, but since information for a web form is only sent to the browser once when the page loads, you cannot dynamically update a second related value list without resubmitting the value from the first list to FM and then receiving a page back with the updated second value list - Clear as mud!

Hope this helps.

Jeff

I found this post by Chandra from 8/25/00, but . . .

"Try this...

<select name="related_fp3_filename::related_field">

[FMP-option: related_fp3_filename::related_field, list=value_list_name]

</select>

* Make sure the related field is in your file's -layout specified in your page.

* You don't have to include the ".fp3" extension for the name of the related fp3 file."

. . . I can't figure it out. I have a master file where users choose a 'Group' from a value list. The 'Sales Rep' field is based on the 'Group' field (Sales Rep comes from a related file). It works in Filemaker, but on the web page, the 'Group' list works fine but the 'Sales Rep' list is empty (the only choice is '-No Selection-'). If Chandra or anybody else knows how to solve this problem drop me a line and I'll elaborate.

[email protected]

TIA

Andy

This topic is 8634 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.