filemaker pro 7 time card template

fmklerner

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am totally new to filemaker pro 6...we are using it for time cards....we have not made any layout adjustments....I am wondering if there is a way to track sick and vacation days taken. The template has a drop down menu on the day type field...all I want to do is be able to run/view a tracking of days taken...any input would be appreciated...but PLEASE BE PATIENT WE ARE TOTALLY NEW TO THIS

THANK YOU

Hi trhacker,

A Time-sheet file usually only keeps track of the times worked. Is this a time-sheet that you have developed, or one that was available someplace. The time-sheet is only one part of the process.

What you have described sounds like you are needing a Human Resource Solution, where the information from the Time-Sheet is used for the determination of the Benefits such as sickness, vacation, holidays, etc..

I recently researched out a HR Solutions for a client, and found a few off-the-shelf products out there, some were priced pretty reasonable too.

They decided to have me develop one instead, because they had a feature they wanted, and the ones we look at, were not modifiable.

Lee

• Newbies

It is a template that filemaker pro 6 provides...very generic but serves the purpose, however I would like to track the days taken off....I thought there would be a way of doing this since it does give you the option to chose a day type....(sick, vacation..)

• 4 months later...

Hi Lee,

Interesting post, I was looking into same applications. Is it possible to use FM to also be able to "dial to" a timeclock and process/download time punches into HR solultion you created?

Thanks!

They decided to have me develop one instead, because they had a feature they wanted, and the ones we look at, were not modifiable.

This is what makes FileMaker so great. It's not a WYSIWYG Program. Couldn't tell you how many times I have heard "Can you make it do this" over the last 5 years.

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.