Multiple Sort Options

This topic is 8552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Every time I post a question I think it is the last thing I am needing to know to finish this project. I was asked to have multiple sort options on the form I currently have. I need to be able to sort by record number and two other fields, but not restrict the user to have to use these sorts. This is the way I tried it, but only the first one works.

<b>Sort By Bug Number:</b>

<input type="hidden" NAME='-SortField' value="Number" size=2>

<SELECT NAME="-sortorder">

<OPTION selected>

<OPTION>ascending

<OPTION>descending

</select>

<b>Sort By Severity:</b>

<input type="hidden" NAME='-SortField' value="Severity" size=2>

<OPTION selected>

<OPTION>ascending

<OPTION>descending

</select>

<b>Sort By Frequency:</b>

<input type="hidden" NAME='-SortField' value="custom=Frequenecy List" size=2>

<OPTION selected>

<OPTION>ascending

<OPTION>descending

</select>

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris

The first option I had was completely blank with which I hoped to accomplish the same thing as you with the "Choose sort order". I tried adding that just in case there was a diffrence, but I got the same result. Only the first sort option "bug number" works. If I comment out that option and have "severity" as my first then that is the one that works perfectly. There just seems to be a problem with having multiple search options. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Use Home Page 3's FileMaker Connection Assistant to build a set of pages that allow the choice of sorting that you require. Then copy and paste the CDML code into your current solution.

I am no expert but you seem to not have given the person the choice of not using the sorts

I always add the first line of

<option value="">Choose sort option</option>

at the beginning so that if they don't use it it won't add anything to the sort by. You would probably have to add the same sort of the thing to the -sortfield option so that they could register it as not having a sort as if it has an option in sort field and not in -sort that it uses the default of ascend.

)You will have to forgive me if my answers over the next few days descend in to unintelligable crap as I am answering these after coming home from work with many christmas parties under way.) So hereeeeeee issss toie youer answerrrr hopeeeeeeee it hels

Si (hic)

This topic is 8552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.