Portal Item Exportal

This topic is 6210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear FileMaker Gurus:

I have a Sales DB hosted on v.5.5 Server.

9 regions:

NE: RegionCode1

Ea: RegionCode2

SE: RegionCode3

So: RegionCode4

Sw: RegionCode5

We: RegionCode6

Nw: RegionCode7

No: RegionCode8

Ce: RegionCode9

On the portal, there are "Region Name""Region Code""Customer Count""Annual Sales""Sales Rep Comments""Significance No" fields.

Sales Rep.'s entered their comments on sales prospect on the "Comments" field and labeled them with "Significance Value," from"1" to "10." "1"would be displayed on the top row of the portal.

I was asked to export "NE" and "SE" regions' data to a TAB file, regardless their "Significance Values."

How to prepare the export script? Help! Please! Thanks!

Max NY

You have conflicting info here. You wrote that you have FM5.5 which means that you wuold be running client version of 5 or 6.

But then you put:

This Post:

Client: 7 OS: Cross Platform Host: Server 7 Advanced OS: Mac OS X Tiger

Which is it?

Seems to me all you really have to do is perform a find in the child file that is being used to display the portal records. Then export out.

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [RegionCode; "NE"]

New Record/Request

Set Field [RegionCode; "SE"]

Perform Find []

Export Records

Make sure that you compensate for error checking.

Also I am going to move your thread to finding and searching because this is really and issue with finds rather than exporting.

Hi Max,

The information in the body of the post should be pertaining to the question, if different than your profile. In other words, you should have put the "FileMaker v.5.5 Server, developed on v.6 client" in it instead of "Client: 7 OS: Cross Platform Host: Server 7 Advanced OS: Mac OS X Tiger".

HTH

Lee

Dear Vodka:

Thanks for the tips!

"Significance No" is causing the headache! It was defined as a Calculation: "Status(CurrentRecordNumber)"

Whenever I use your recommendation to lunch "Perform Find" Script, I get the data of other regions' as well, not just "NE's""SE's"

I am looking forward to export, only, "NE" and "SE" regions' data to a TAB file, regardless their "Significance Values.;" regardless their "Rankings" on the Portal Row.

Help, Please!

Thanks!

"Significance No" is causing the headache! It was defined as a Calculation: "Status(CurrentRecordNumber)"

Huh?

Whenever I use your recommendation to lunch "Perform Find" Script, I get the data of other regions' as well, not just "NE's""SE's"

First, make sure that they field type is text. Next try and test to see the find works manually.

Basically go to find mode, type in NE (do not hit enter yet) Then go to the request menu and add new request. Type in SE. Then hit enter. You should find only records with NE or SE.

This topic is 6210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.