Server Maintenance This Week. ×

adding colour theme to an existing layout

Robert Collins

This topic is 6212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been using FM7 for some time and have just upgraded to FM 8.5 advanced. It seems in FM7 you can only select a colour theme when creating a new layout and not superimpose one on an existing one- can anybody tell me if 8.5 can do that - I know I can manually change the colours in the header/body/footer. I have checked in the (downloaded) 8.5 documentation and I can find no mention of it.

Any help would be great

Are you talking about putting a background color underneath your fields? If yes, just choose, in layout mode, a square or oblong object and outline where you would like it. Then, choose the color, effect, pencil color, etc. and the send it to the back of the layout.

I meant can I apply one of the themes that comes with FM to an existing layout .

If I choose to create a new layout , I get to choose from a list of included colour themes but there doesn't seem to be a way of choosing one for an existing layout that doesn't have one applied.

AFAIK, this has never changed. The initial layouts provided when you create a new File, or TO, has always been plain, with no options to use a Theme.

The only time that the themes become an option is upon the creation of a New Layout created through the Layout Mode.

Since I prefer to apply my own themes to my files, I choose the plain one anyway.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.