Adding custom buttons to left-menu panes

actionman007

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Is it possible to add custom buttons to the menu pane to the left of the workspace, sometimes when I'm running scripts a button will appear to say continue, I have seen some that say exit.

Also can you add buttons in preview mode, so that a user could export a sub-summary report?

Cheers,

Dan ;)

Quote: Is it possible to add custom buttons to the menu pane to the left of the workspace, sometimes when I'm running scripts a button will appear to say continue, I have seen some that say exit.

>>Yes and No

No. You can not add buttons. Best thing to do is hide and lock it and you can fake it if you want. (do a search on the forum will help you do that)

Yes. You can Load a custom menu set and set scripts to perform in the place of Browse / Find / Layout / Preview actions.

Quote: Also can you add buttons in preview mode, so that a user could export a sub-summary report?

>>Yes and No

In preview mode buttons will not work (cant be clicked on)

Again you could load a custom menu set with your own scripts or you could open up another window in browse mode with those buttons on.

Hi,

Is it possible to add custom buttons to the menu pane to the left of the workspace, sometimes when I'm running scripts a button will appear to say continue, I have seen some that say exit.

A lot of developers perfer to hide the status area, not embilish it. You can not put a button directly on this status area, but there are some example files out ther that show how to recreate one, and of course you would be able to put a button on your own.

Do a search for "status area" at www.databasepros.com for a couple.

Also can you add buttons in preview mode, so that a user could export a sub-summary report?

Buttons in Preview Mode. Take a look at

Floating Navigation Palette - Navigation in Preview Mode By: Ray J. Cologon At:

http://www.nightwing.com.au/FileMaker/

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.