Cannot Open Shared Database

This topic is 6183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have installed FMS 8 on a dedicated PC running Windows server 2003 SP2. I can see the sample file and can open it on the remote computer but cannot see or open any other database files. I have put the files in the correct folder and I think they are configured correctly.

When I open SAT Remotely, the files show up and all show as normal except the most important one which shows closed and cannot be set to normal.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Mr Vodka is suggesting that the file might have some sort of data corruption. This is a good suggestion.

Also check the permissions of the file. It must be set to fsadmin to be hosted.

(Check the permission on the sample file, since it works, and transfer them to your main database.)

The file has failed its consistency check. Clsoe all files. Stop the FIleMaker Server service. Open the one file in FIleMaker Pro 8 or FileMaker Pro 8.5. Save it as a compressed copy of itself (under the file menu).

Then try hosting that file with FileMaker Server. Be sure that the fmapp bit is set in the Extended privileges for the file.

HTH

Steven

I merged these two topics because it was a duplicate post.

Fred, please do not double post. This is exactly the reason we ask users not to. People will post answers in both threads.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know but I think I have a similar problem...

I Upgrade my FM 6 database to an FM 8.5...

I put the file on my server, in the right place, all files are marked at open in my server but when I try to open by open remote I only see 5 files but I have a lot more???

and in my solution, when I press button the files open as usual...

my problem, i want to access all my files by open remote??

any idea??

This topic is 6183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.