IWP and 'dynamic' value lists??

This topic is 6163 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout where I have two popdown menus where the second popdown menu is a 'dynamic' value list. The user chooses something in the first popdown and then the second popdown is modified on the fly to reflect the choices available for what the user chose in the first menu. This setup uses an external data table (i.e. a second file) that stores the choices in the first popdown linked to the choices in the second.

Everything works like a charm if I use FMP8.5 client directly. However, when I use this through IWP it doesn't work at all. I make the choice in the first popup and the second remains unpopulated. The second file is marked as being shared, so I don't know why this isn't working? Any suggestions? TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Art

The problen here is that the page does not dynamically update via the web so you have to force the page to update via a button. That button needs to be on the layout and all is needs to do is "Refresh Window" so the item choosen is sent back to the DB and the results are sent to the browser with the updated list ready to view.

I have done this on several DB's and it is the only way possible that I have found.

Regards

Phillip

This topic is 6163 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.