Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Find Dates

This topic is 6203 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a report setup whereby the user enters in a date range and clicks Submit for it to generate. On the report itself I would like to display the year in which the date range was in.

For example if the user enters in 1/1/2006...12/31/2006 I want the report to display '2006' in a designated area in the header.

I've tried formatting the field to display only the year and it does that but doesn't pick up the correct year for example. In the above example the report incorrectly displayed '2004' instead of '2006'.

Any thoughts?

Correct.

In a window I set up for them to run searches in they have a field called Date Enrolled where they are given instructions to enter in a date range for the report they want and to click the Submit button.

The report pops up in Preview Mode (calculations are done) and the same Date Enrolled field is located in the header of the report. For some reason it always says 2004 even if the date range was all of 2006.

This is actually a problem that has plagued me on many reports where the date range is selected as the search criteria. I have formatted that field on the report layout about a dozen different ways and still it comes up incorrect.

Is it the same (i.e. 2004 instead of 2006) in the first record of the found set?

I'd also suggest you do a find in the Date Enrolled field, with ? as the criteria. If you find any records, they have invalid dates.

This report is actually not working properly and I have run out of ideas on how to correct it. Could use some help.

First of all, let me say that I am aware this design is not ideal but it's the setup I was handed.

We have two databases, one for registrations and one for the courses. In the registrations database each registration has a Date Enrolled field. The report, created in the Courses database, basically counts the number of enrollments a course has in the Registrations database based on a selected date range.

The report has the following parts:

Part 1:[color:red]College

Part 2:[color:red]Department

Part 3:[color:red]Course ID, Title, # Enrolled, # credits (Enrollments * Credit hours for the course)

The '# Enrolled' is calcualted as such: Count (registrationDatabase::CourseID)

Before generating the report the user is provided a window in the Courses database with the Date Enrolled field from the Registrations database to enter in a date range before clicking on a Submit button. Once they click that it generates the report with no issue except for one big problem: The report displays ALL enrollments from the registrations database and not just those from the desired date range.

I've tried running this same report from the Registrations database with the same results.

Any thoughts?

You should do the report from Enrollments. Find the records within the date range, and sort them by College, Department and Course. Add subsummary parts for College, Department and Course. You can delete the Body part, if you only want to drill down to Course level.

Use a summary field defined as Count of EnrollmentID to get the number of enrollments each course has (place the field in the Course subsummary part).

This topic is 6203 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.