Masking tabs from view

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way to mask or disable tabs so that clicking onto them will not cause you to move from one tab location to another.

I like the elegance of tabs for minimizing layouts but would like to constrain navigation to scripts (that go to objects within a tab).

I can make it disappear visually by laying a graphic object over the top of it but if you click onto the graphic object you still activate the new tab.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jarvis

Hi John,

I have tried this as a solution and I still get a flicker through the 16 tabs that are set to 1px and covered with another single tab.

Any suggestions as to how I can stop the flicker between tabs?

Mac

For me, tabs aren't ready for prime-time yet. Not until the ability to run a script form the tab comes. Hopefully RSN.

All the hacks to hide tabs etc just make development so much harder and maintenance near-impossible, and will become a real PITA to remove when a proper solution becomes available.

I'm still building systems with multiple layouts for main interfaces, and only using tabs for really simple things.

Hi Soren and Vaughan,

First off Soren I have tried something a little different and that controlled the flicker.

So between you Soren and Vaughan enlighten me on how or the best way to do the following:

I have 17 Tabs and in each tab there is 4 containers for images how can I insert an image into each field without it showing in the next tab?

See my layout in the file attached.

Any help would greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

images2.zip

I have 17 Tabs and in each tab there is 4 containers for images how can I insert an image into each field without it showing in the next tab?

Relationally point at different records for each tab. Whether this is hardwired or due to a global field is strictly speaking of no importance, but I think I would solve it like:

http://fmcollective.com/?p=27

Which probably is 2 tables more that you already have implemented in your solution???

--sd

Thanks for the link Soren but 5 days out and I am still scratching my head and now the other "insert image" Buttons don't work but I can still right mouse click and insert image ;)

There must be a way to get the images into several container fields within a tab or will I have to define the database as Image 1 > Image 64 so each one has its own container field?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Mac

so each one has its own container field

No the point I tried to make is that it's the same container field in different records a relation away - just like you can list container fields in a portal, can the portal be cut up so row 1 will show in first tab, row 2 will show up in tab2...etc.

--sd

:idunno:

I am having problems understanding sorry

So how would you do it with the example as i would probably understand better if I see what it is.

Now you mixing portals with container fields ;) and tabs :help:

I will learn this trust me.

Thanks

Mac

Something like this - It has it's flaws though you can't without an extra relation optain a free access to store an image in whatever tab you should wish (until then store sequentially), so regard this as a preliminary result. Since the chosen tab needs to be relational key as well in a multicriteria relation to optian the desired effect.

--sd

ScriptWhere.zip

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.