Server Maintenance This Week. ×

find sort by date script

This topic is 6189 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi can anyone help me

I am trying to find, sort records between different dates. start_date and a End_date but I cannot get it to do it correctly. I can't not upload because its to big

What gladly email someone ! :

Can you be more specific about the problem?

If you can't upload a sample file, maybe you could at least supply some example data and specify what should be found and how it should be sorted (Finding and Sorting are different operations).

Hey treds,

You should probably not post actual data to a public forum.

I looked at your file and saw what you are trying to do. You have the correct idea for a range-to-date relationship. To include the start and end dates in the range it would be:

Interface::gStartDate <= Data::Date

AND Interface::gEnd Date >= Data::Date

However, there is something else going on with your file that makes this not work consistently (depending on which record you're on on the parent side). Since the fields on the parent side are globally stored, it shouldn't matter what record you're on; you should always see the correct matching records in the portal. In this case, I was sometimes seeing records outside the date range, and sometimes having records missing from the date range.

I tried reindexing, replacing fields, redoing the relationship, and compressing the file, but I still get the wrong related records showing up sometimes. I'm not sure what the problem is.

This topic is 6189 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.