Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating a list of names...

This topic is 6202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm pretty new to FileMaker, so I'm hoping this isn't a hard question to answer (I just don't know how to do this..)

I'm trying to create a report and I want to list all of the people who have not paid for a program which they've registered for. I have a 'People' table which stores their names (among other things), a 'Registration' table which relates a person to a program and tracks if they've paid, and a 'Program' table that has information about the program. I'm not sure if I should use a portal here or what (I don't know how to show a subset of a found set...) so please help!

Thanks.

-James

You can create a report reflecting your Registration table. Find all the records that are not paid, and then you can generate a report based of those records. You can put the related Person's name and related Program name fields on the report layout to display the actual names rather than the key field values.

Mr. Vodka, Thanks for your two posts.. It took me a while to see how they would solve the question I asked here (although your second post answered my other question perfectly); and sorry about the double posting -- I didn't realize these questions had the same answer

This topic is 6202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.