Events 4.0 or Activator 2.5

This topic is 5253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need a plugin to run some scripts during the night.

I am considering

Events 4.0

http://www.worqsmart.com/s.nl/it.I/id.8/.f?sc=2&category=-102

and

Activator 2.5

http://troi.com/software/activatorplugin.html

Does anyone have an opinion on these?

Thanks,

Drew

I've had good luck with MMScript, from CNS, which is cheaper than the other two.

Of course you can schedule scripts with cron and applescript for free, but it can't run scripts after a specific amount of idle time like MMScript, and can't run scripts on remote computers like Activator

I have been try the event 4.0 for filemaker pro 8.5 advanced, but can't work. But if I try with filemaker pro 8, then it can work. Anybody can tell me why ? because I already try to run the same method with filemaker pro 8. I will appreciate every help. pleaseeeee........ because I already bought the licensed

Are you by chance running it on an Intel Mac. It doesn't look like events is universal, so you will need to run FMP in Rosetta. fmp 8 has to run in rosetta because it's not universal, but fmp 8.5 needs to be forced to run in rosetta to use ppc plugins.

I had not noticed about events not being universal and that activator is. That definitely help with the decision but now I will have to look at the other options people are suggesting. Keep the good info and opinions rollin. Please feel free to comment on the other products being suggested.

Thanks!

Drew

hmm.... I run it at windows xp sp 2 os. If the event 4.0 is really not a universal plug in then it's okay with me. I just need to know the problem why it can't work at filemaker pro 8.5 advanced. If anything updated available please let me know.

FYI: I also already install the .net framework into my computer and placed the plug-in at the extension folder of my filemakers. It can't work even if I already re-install the windows with the fresh one. If you have information about this condition, I will appreciate your help. Thanks bro......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This topic is 5253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.