Server Maintenance This Week. ×

summary fields and percentages

This topic is 6183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm not sure if this counts a a newbie question or not...but here goes.

I'm creating a survey that requires a pattern count and summary total of the specific answers...this I've scripted no problem. What I need is the ability to convert the summaries into percentages and display this beside the summary fields. I can create a percentage field, but it does not display the correct information if I place it in the summary part of my layout.

example...9 boys and 5 girls take the survey...

I pattern count for each result (patterncount gender,"boys") and the summary counts the number of boys and the number of girls(total of patterncount "boys"). I need to convert these totals into percentages (based on a total number of surveys completed) and display this information next to the summary counts of each result.

Suggestions?

• Newbies

when I use the getsummary function, it only references summary fields that are in existance. It won't allow me to refer to a summary field and then re-work the number as a percentage. Do you have a specific script in mind? Thank you for your response.

Paelman

• Newbies

Thank you, I'll give the zipfile atry and let the forum know. Thanks everyone for your help, it's been a looooong weekend of trying different scripts, so I'm very grateful for all the assistance.

Paelman

• Newbies

Thanks for the help. I'll try the file and let the forum know how it went. It's been a loooong weekend of different scripting and I really appreciate the help thats been offered.

Paelman

This topic is 6183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.