Multiple Criteria Various Fields OR

This topic is 6180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is my situation.

In my database, each record has more than one field that could contain a date. I would like to pull up any record in which in any date field meets the criteria (i.e. >03/31/07)

How is this possible? When I enter, for example, >03/31/07 in more that one field, then only the records that meet the criteria in every field are displayed.

Basically, I am getting 0 records.

Am I going to have to do multiple finds for each field and then add up the results?

I tried to type OR in the date fields and FM wasn't having that.

Help

If you put all of your criteria on 1 Record Request, then you are telling FileMaker to return on the records that meet all of the criterias. This is known as an [color:blue]AND find.

If you want to find any records that meet one or more of the criteria, then you need a new Record Request for each criteria. This is called an [color:blue]OR find.

Example one.

Enter find mode

enter your find criteria in a Field.

Perform Find

Example two.

Enter Find mode

enter your find criteria in Field 1

New Record Request

enter your find criteria in Field 2

New Record Request

enter your find criteria in Field 3

etc.....

perform Find.

HTH

Lee

I knew about ScriptMaker but only got as far as Preform Find [].

Not sure on FM's syntax. Just need to know how to string it all together.

Also not sure how to launch the script once I create it. Do I go back to the ScriptMaker box and launch from there?

How about

Enter Find mode

set field (Field1 ; criteria )

new record request

set field (Field2 ; criteria)

new record request

set field (field3; criteria)

perform find

Without the actual field names and their type, plus the criteria, we can only speak in general terms.

One of the things you need to think about, is how often you will need to perform this find. If it is only once, then a manual find should do you. If it is often, then a script is in order, unless a Relationship will provide a better view.

HTH

Lee

Ok, let's say you have a field called "reimburse" and there are different kinds of reimbursement, travel, supplies etc. and the reimbursement goes through various steps in the process, thus various date fields, PrepareDate, ApproveDate, etc. Now let's say you want to see how many travel reimbursements were prepared, approved etc., in the last thirty days or even a specific time frame. And this was needed for each reimbursement type, travel, supplies etc.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.