Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Getting Counts of Levels

This topic is 6169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to come up with a way to help my administrators compare test scores from 2 different years.

What I have is a database with test scores for students. It has studentid and then then different fields for the scores.

Achlevel_read (which can be a number from 1-5)

Achlevel_math (which can be a number from 1-5)

I need a way to count the number of students at each achlevel. So how many level 1 how many level 2 etc.

This will be done for a found set of Teacher. So we want to be able to see how many students a teacher has at each level.

So I find teacher Johnson's 5 classes and I want to display how many level 1's 2's 3's etc. are in his class.

I know it can be done I am just not sure how to go about it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cmack

It would be easier if the results were held in a separate table, one record per subject per student, holding the score and subject id. Then the sub summary would work well otherwise you would need fields to summarise each subject and have one report per subject.

I made the subsummary work for 6th grade math. So I have a count of Level 1 thru Level 5 in a subsummary part.

But I need 6th grade level and what the same group of students scored in 5th grade.

I am sorting by achlevelgrade6math. So I can't do both 5th and 6th on the same page. 5th grade scores are in a separate field so I could put it on a different layout but I need the summary results to show on one layout.

I am not even sure this is possible with the way my database is set up. I am willing to change it but really don't know what to do to make it work.

Thank you for the help so far.

Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Soooo here is a picture of what I am trying to duplicate. This is in a format where you can't sort by anything. All you can do is view what is there.

picture1dx8.th.png

I need to have this same info for 2 different years. I don't if this helps or not.

I think what you need are two subsummary parts. One will break the record by grade and the other by achievement. This assumes you have one record for each achievement and not all the achievements stored in separate fields on the same record. Tell me a little more about the structure of your tables so I can give you a better answer.

John,

I have one table that contains all the data. But each achievement level for a grade is in it's own field.

AchievemLevelRead5

AchievemLevelRead6

AchievemLevelRead7

AchievemLevelRead8

and then the same for Math

AchievemLevelMath5

AchievemLevelMath6

AchievemLevelMath7

AchievemLevelMath8

The teachers are all in fields based on period.

teacher1

teacher2 these go thru teacher6

So I would want to find say Ms. Smith's first hour class and compare how her students did last year on the test against this year.

Hopefully this helps a little.

This topic is 6169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.