Inventory for IT

Moe

This topic is 6165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work for an IT department that manages a large number of databases, automated reports, desktop computers, etc. They have given me the task of finding an application which will inventory all of these components. For example, we will store database information such as filename, physical location, username, password, etc. As I see it, one of the key challenges of this project is to come up with an easy way to maintain the records, and I’m thinking a Web interface would be best. Additionally, some items need to be grouped together into a system. For example, a Web application may consist of several databases as well as a server. And of course we’re going to need to create reports.

Does anyone have knowledge of an existing application that will do this?

Many thanks,

Moses

• 2 weeks later...

My son has an application for the school where he works. It is in FM 8.5, and is used for inventory of computers as an asset and its attached components, repair history, etc. He is extending the DB to handle support calls, repair calls from the other campuses. He is always updating and changing to fit the need of the school. Send me your email and I can send you what he has to the moment.

This topic is 6165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.